- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, 2010.
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2005.
- 2010 – 2014: Research Scientist, The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Biotechnology HPC Software Applications Institute, Frederick, MD.
- 2007 – 2010: Graduate Student Researcher, Teaching Assistant, and Reader, University of California, Irvine.
- 2005 – 2007: System analyst and software developer, Sarajevo Osiguranje d.d., Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Strong research, problem solving, and development skills, with a history of publication success.
- Expertise in graph theoretical techniques.
- Working knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and data mining techniques for large scale data analysis.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working on interdisciplinary projects with researchers in the computational and life science fields
- Experience in writing and speaking to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Programming languages: Excellent knowledge of C/C++, R, Matlab, and SQL. Experience working with Python and Java.
- Applications: Eclipse.
- Database Systems: MySQL.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux.
- Other: Git, LaTeX, CCNA, some experience with High Performance Computing.
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
- Member, The International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB).
- Reviewer, Bioinformatics, BMC Bioinformatics, and PLOS One.
- Program committee member, ACM-BCB 2013 (ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedical Informatics).
Awards and distinctions:
- Opportunity award: V. Memišević, A. Ganesan, and N. Pržulj, “Utilizing Systems-Level PPI Network Analysis to Visualize the Spatial Dynamics That Control Melanin Pigmentation in Human Cells,” Center for Complex Biological Systems, University of California, Irvine, 2008.
- Winner of McGaugh Hall Display Case Design Challenge, Center for Complex Biological Systems, University of California, Irvine, 2008.
- ICS Fellowship, Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences, University of California, Irvine.
- Semifinals, Microsoft Imagine Cup, 2005.
- 1st Place, Balkan Case Challenge Finals, Information and Communication Technology Case, 2004–2005.
Contact: vesna [at] vesnam [dot] com
References and full CV are available upon request.